A Lead Corporate Governance course is a more advanced program than an Associate Corporate Governance course, designed for professionals who have significant experience in corporate governance and are seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills further. The course typically covers advanced topics related to corporate governance and requires a higher level of knowledge and expertise.
Overall, the Lead Corporate Governance course aims to provide a deeper understanding of the principles and practices of corporate governance, with a focus on advanced topics and their implications for global businesses. The course is suitable for experienced professionals who are seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills in corporate governance to advance their careers and make a greater impact in their organizations.
What Will You Learn?
- Understand the principles and frameworks of corporate governance, including its history, evolution, and relationship to business ethics and social responsibility.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of the board of directors, including board structure, composition, and functions, and the board's relationship with management.
- Learn about the role and responsibilities of board committees, including audit, compensation, and nominating and governance committees.
- Develop a deep understanding of the principles and practices of executive compensation, including the role of compensation committees, performance metrics, and pay for performance.
- Gain an understanding of the principles and practices of risk management and internal controls, including the role of audit committees, risk committees, and internal audit functions.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of engaging with shareholders and stakeholders, including the role of proxy statements, shareholder proposals, and social responsibility reporting.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of ethical behavior and compliance with laws and regulations in corporate governance, including the role of codes of conduct, whistleblower policies, and investigations.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of corporate social responsibility, including the role of sustainability reporting, ESG factors, and stakeholder engagement.
- Understand the role of corporate governance in shaping and implementing business strategy, including the relationship between the board of directors and the executive team.
- Learn about the principles and practices of board performance evaluation, including the role of external and internal evaluations, and the importance of continuous improvement.
- Develop an understanding of the role of shareholder activism in corporate governance, including the types of shareholder activism, its impact on board decision-making, and the strategies for managing activist shareholders.
- Understand the integration of corporate governance and risk management frameworks, including the role of the board of directors in overseeing risk management and the importance of risk management in creating long-term value.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of integrating ethical considerations into decision-making and the strategies for promoting responsible business practices.
- Develop an understanding of the relationship between corporate governance and sustainability, including the role of sustainability reporting, ESG factors, and stakeholder engagement in promoting sustainable business practices.